Dave was born and raised in Great Falls and has spent his life fishing the waters of southwest Montana. He began his guiding career in 1985 on the Henry’s Fork, the South Fork of the Snake and the Teton in Idaho. In 1995, he moved closer to home when he guided on the famous Montana rivers around Yellowstone Park. In 2001 Dave returned to his home waters of the Missouri, which had been the river that captured his imagination since he first fished it as a youngster in 1971.
Up until the late 80’s, the Missouri River had yet to be discovered by the fishing magazines and the few outfitters that guided there held it as closely guarded secret. Dave has studied and fished it intently his entire angling life. Since this homecoming, he has been guiding on the Missouri in the summer and on the rivers of southern Chile and Argentina in the winter. Dave is also a nationally recognized fly-tier and his patterns are produced and sold by Idylwilde Flies.
We would again also like to thank the Federation of Fly Fishers for allowing us to film in their beautiful library. If you aren't a member of FFF, please take a look at their site and see what they are all about.
- Hook: tiemko 102y #15
- Thread: tan
- Tail: Elk mane or hock
- Body: Hares Ear Plus #1
- Post: Pink Hi Viz
- Hackle: Brown or cree ginger variant
Kelly has been a fly fishing guide for 27 years. He started guiding in Michigan at the age of 16. He started his fly shop The Troutsman in Traverse City, Michigan, in 1981. He continued to run The Troutsman until the spring of 2002 when he moved to Montana. He is an author and lecturer. His books are Modern Streamers for Trophy Trout (co-authored with Bob Linsenman) and Cripples and Spinners. Kelly has been published by virtually every major magazine in the business and is Editor-at-Large for Fly Fisherman Magazine. Kelly is also one of the hosts of Fly Fish TV on the Outdoor Life Network.
- Hook: 12-18 Standard Dry--------------------------(Buy on Amazon)
- Thread: 50 GSD ------------------------------------- (Buy on Amazon)
- Body: Cinnamon Brown Cinnamon Superfine---- (Buy on Amazon)
- Wing: Underwing: Gold Metallic Braid----------- (Buy on Amazon)
- Overwing: Natural Deer --------------------------- (Buy on Amazon)
- Legs: Round Rubber small --------------------------(Buy on Amazon)
[object:flv:http://www.theweeklyfly.com/patterns/videos/BT_ThunderMulti.flv width:400 height:300 bonus:http://www.theweeklyfly.com/patterns/posterframes/BT_ThunderMulti.jpg]
For HD Content Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
My name is Branden Tueller and I currently reside in the beautiful Wood River Valley (Sun
Valley, Idaho). I have been tying flies for about 15 years, and have been a demonstration tyer at
the East Idaho Fly Tying & Fishing Expo for the past 4 years. I am also a member of the
Federation of Fly Fishers.
My passion is to design & create durable, innovative, and fishable flies, I enjoy teaching &
demonstrating at all levels, from beginners to advanced Art Flies. I have taken a special interest
in weaving the past few years and enjoy incorporating it in many patterns.
RECIPE to Come...
[object:flv:http://www.theweeklyfly.com/patterns/videos/CB_Pinecone.flv width:400 height:300 bonus:http://www.theweeklyfly.com/patterns/posterframes/CB_Pinecone.jpg]
For HD Content Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
I have been tying stuff onto hooks for a long time. It began with poppers and jig heads, which served the fishing I was taught to do by my father. By the age of twelve I was approaching burn out from fishing the warm water mud pit impoundments of central Arkansas. Dear ol` Dad saved me, though, when he took me on a float trip on the White River in northern Arkansas. It has taken all the years since to get enough fur and feather into my bloodstream to achieve the level of addiction I now have for fly fishing, and tying. I justify my habit by tying at conclaves and other events, from coast to coast. I am proud to be a Proteam member for Whiting Farms and on the Pro Staff for Daiichi. It is always good to use the best. I own and operate Tanfly, LLC from my home in Little Rock.
Have fun and tie one on for me!
Also: It catches everything and anything, salt and fresh. Used a lot for smallmouth bass and large trout.
- Hook: Wapsi Lightning Strike, SN 1, Size 06 - or Mustad R50, Size 04 or 06
- Thread: Match body color
- Cone / Head: Wapsi Tungsten. Medium
- Tail: Part of Pine Squirrel zonker which forms the body.
- Body: Pine squirrel zonker.
The Weekly Fly
There are plenty of fly tiers who have filmed themselves tying a fly in their basement with a handy cam and posted it on places like YouTube. Ours are different in quality. In quality of tiers, quality of flies tied, and quality of production value of the fly tying instruction videos, and also in quantity. We want to be THE source for the best free fly tying videos and for fly tying instructions. We will be adding a fly pattern a week until there are no more. We will also be making our free library searchable by fly type and fly tier and organized in a way that makes it more useful to find the fly of the week. We hope you enjoy the best fly tying videos on the net.
|<< <||> >>|
- By Fly Tyer
- Al Ritt
- Ben Byng
- Bob Jacklin
- Boots Allen
- Branden Tueller
- Charles Barton
- Cheech Pierce
- Chris Williams
- Dan Delekta
- Dandy Reiner
- Dave Bloom
- Dave McKee
- Dave Tucker
- Dean Reiner
- Doug McKnight
- Gary Jones
- Gordon Cordova
- Harley Reno
- Howard Cole
- James Warren
- Jay Buchner
- Jerry Criss
- Jesse Riding
- Josh Stanish
- Kelly Galloup
- Ken Burkholder
- Kenly Bitton
- Kieran Frye
- Marc Petitjean
- Matt Wilhelm
- Pete Boll
- Randy Flynn
- Rick Wollum
- Rocky Maley
- Shannon McCormick
- Steve Potter
- Sylvester Nemes
- Tim Tollett
- Tylar Dimond
- Wayne Luallen
- Willy Self
- By Fly Type
- By Fly Tyer
- Dandy Reiner Rusty Spinner - 7:29
- Bob Jacklin Muddler Minnow - 16:58
- Dean Reiner: Hackle Stem Crane Fly - 17:12
- Dandy Reiner The Purple Haze - 7:08
- Marc Petitjean: CDC Emerger - 10:45
- Dean Reiner CDC Parachute Caddis -14:16
- Dandy Reiner The Pink Lady - 7:47
- Marc Petitjean Beadhead CDC Caddis Nymph - 3:49
- Ken Burkholder Bear Back Rider - 19:42
- Kieran Frye KC's Woodchuck Nymph - 5:50
- Jerry Criss TLF Steelhead Magic - 19:44
- Ken Burkholder Bear Hair Golden Trude - 15:37
- Rocky Maley Blue Bird Spey - 38:52
- Gordon Cordova: Green Rockworm Caddis - 3:27
- Steve Potter Dahlberg Rabbit Strip Diver - 18:49
- Boots Allen Booty's Mahogany Emerger - 11:52
- Pete Boll Eumer Steelhead Killer - 41:37
- Kieran Frye KC's Powder Puff CDC Emerger - 5:01
- Jerry Criss TLF BWO Soft Hackle - 10:14
- Randy Flynn Woven Hair Hackle Dry Fly - 22:00